Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I Am The Proudest Mom In the WORLD!!!!!!!!

I Am The Proudest Mom in the WORLD!!!!

     I am crying tears of joy for my amazing son, Cole, simply because he really is a rock star in the making!  I push him to be independent and always look for the positive, even if there are times where he isn't having a great day.  Today I found out that Cole's amazing picture that he entered in our local school district's competition, "Reflections", is moving onto the District level!  Cole has entered this program the past three years in the Special Artist category.  This category was created by the National PTA to showcase students talents, specifically through special education.  Any student who has an I.E.P. or a detailed 504 (language for special education services), qualifies them for the special artist category.  Cole's first picture he entered two years ago won and went onto State competition.  Last year, he entered the Visual Arts category and it didn't advance onto District competition (even though it was in the top 40%).  Don't give up on your child, because you may not know down the road what they are capable of doing.  I write this paragraph with such honor, respect, love, and true conviction that I could not be prouder of Cole!  He is a superstar in so many ways, but today, Cole proves himself once again to this cruel world that he is important, he contributes to society in a positive way, and loves life.  I love you Cole!
      There are so many children that don't have parents like me.  I am in no way bragging about my parenting skills or lack there of by other parents.  My husband and I agreed early on that we would co-parent and love Cole to the best of our abilities.  Sometimes, we can get frustrated with Cole, each other, but we know before we go to bed that we love God, we put Him first, and once we pray, our lives are transformed.  We have a great life and I believe it's because we pray every morning and every night together as a couple.  I know I have stated in some earlier blog posts that I have a strong faith and that I believe in God.  I don't preach to the masses, but in the end, if you don't believe in a Higher Being, you are at a loss.  I have been told many times that without blind faith, there is no reason for living.  I live by faith, my trust in God, and knowing that when I die, it will be okay because God will be waiting for me (I hope!).  There have been times in my life that I can get overwhelmed with just life, so I do yoga, exercise nearly every day, and fall on my knees in prayer when I feel like giving up.  God, as I have always said, has always been there for me, even when I questioned God.  I have questioned my faith at times, wondering if there really is a God, because I had some great professors in college challenge me and my classmates to what we believe and what we actually know about God.  I am now confident that there is a God and that he gave us His Son, Jesus, to take away our sins.  I only pray one day that when I do die, Cole will feel fulfilled and rewarded in life to continue on without me and my husband.  Cole is smart, sensitive, caring, but most of all, the most incredible human being I have ever known.  My kid is a Reflection of what can be-- living, thriving, succeeding, and loving life as a person that has autism.  Autism does NOT define Cole; Cole defines his life and the way he leads his life, simply because that's how it should be.  I don't limit Cole in his thinking, because I do truly believe he is going to be the next big hit like Jimmy Fallon and the Roots (that's what he wants to do with his life).  Cole can be a stand up comedy host, he can sing, he can dance, and he lives his life to the fullest.  Today, I say CONGRATULATIONS SON!  I couldn't be more proud of you Cole Roy!

No comments:

Post a Comment